Are you ready to turn your dreams into a reality?
Are you ready to love going to work everyday?
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your community?
Are you ready to turn your passion into automated, income-generating cash machine that gives you the freedom you want?
Good. We're ready to help you start your own HomeTown Gym.
We've been doing this for 9 years. Since we've opened our doors, we haven't had one single unprofitable month yet at Ageless. In fact, we've averaged $150,000 in sales with a net profit percentage of 40%. And we've done this in a market that's a graveyard for most brick and mortar stores - a small rural town of just 3,500 people.
And just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, we did it again in another small rural town of 5,000 people. And again, we haven't had one single unprofitable month there either.
And because we wanted really wanted to make sure this business model was the best model for an aspiring gym owner, we partnered with two wonderful ladies and opened up a high end personal training-only studio in a suburb of St. Louis as well as a spin-only gym in that same suburb. Although both are profitable, we found that the 24 hour HomeTown Gym model is still the easiest to operate as well as the model with the highest net profit percentage.
And although we've been approached by numerous people and companies over the past 9 years, we didn't pursue franchising or coaching until now because we wanted to be 100% confident we could help someone open a successful gym. So we've spent the last 9 years perfecting our craft, testing and tweaking various ideas, detailing our systems and processes, and creating a blueprint for successfully opening and operating a successful gym.
So we're ready. Are you?
We'll help you with everything. You'll get access to our logistics, suppliers, marketing plan, policies and procedures manual, training, and more. We will literally be there with you every step of the way, answering any questions you have, helping you avoid costly mistakes, and getting your doors open with as little headaches as possible.
And best of all, we're not a franchise. We won't set ridiculous limitations or charge you crazy fees. We're also not a coaching service that sits on the sidelines and just gives advice. We're classified as a Management Service Organization (MSO), and provide you with everything you need to open your own gym, as well as everything you need to continue to grow it. We're like a partner without having any ownership.
Why Us vs. a Franchise
Over the years, we've been approached by various companies to franchise our business model. Yet, we resisted.
Because when I originally opened Ageless, I actually looked at opening a franchise gym instead of opening my own. However, after 9 months of reading through marketing materials and talking to sales reps, I just couldn't get over the fees and restrictions associated with most franchises. Although I understood the importance of what the franchise offered, I just didn't think I could be successful in the market I wanted to be in if I had to pay so many monthly fees and was limited in what I could do. The contracts were too one-sided for me, and seemed to offer me little if any protection.
So why would I turn around and do that to other owners?
Instead, we created a MSO. We took everything we loved about a franchise and removed everything we didn't. We lowered the fees, lowered the upfront costs, removed many of the restrictions, shortened the contract, and added an out clause.
Most importantly, we wanted to make sure both parties were protected. We wanted a fair, honest agreement.
Compared to a typical fitness franchise, we have:
- Less upfront costs - Most fitness franchises have an initial franchise fee of $25,000 - $50,000. Our fee is substantially less at only $9,997.
- Less monthly costs - Typical monthly franchise fees range from $529 per month to 5% of gross revenue. Our fee is a flat $350 monthly fee.
- No hidden fees - If you read a franchise contract carefully, you'll notice a range of fees, everything from a local and national marketing fees to a website fee to a failed payment fee. That $529 monthly fee mentioned above can quickly climb to over $2000 worth of monthly fees if you check the fine print. We have one fee $350. That's it.
- Less restrictions - Most franchises will have you purchase all of your equipment from only a few suppliers, work with just a few software vendors, and require very specific signage throughout your gym, among a list of other requirements. Although that guarantees a similar member experience at every gym in the franchise, we feel it's too restrictive for the true entrepreneur, the dreamer. We do have limitations, but we still give you freedom to experiment and test ideas you have. You're opening your gym. Why feel like you're handcuffed?
- A shorter initial contract - Most franchise contracts are 10 years. We're 5 years with an option to renew for 10 years. Why? Because most commercial leases are 5 years in smaller markets, and we don't think it's fair that you'll be be stuck in a contract beyond your initial lease. Plus, to us, it makes more sense to make the initial contract shorter in case it doesn't work out as well as expected, and then make a longer optional, additional contract once success has already been proven.
- An Out Clause - We give you an out clause. If for some reason (personal or financial) you can't keep your gym open and need to close your doors, we'll cancel your contract. No fees. No 10 year commitments that you'll pay no matter if you're in business or not.
- The option to test drive ownership - Unlike a franchise, we give you the option to test drive gym ownership for a weekend at our gym. We want you to be confident gym ownership is right for you. So for an entire weekend you'll be the boss. You'll get see all of the numbers, the daily operations, and anything else you want to. We'll even show you one our studio gyms so you can see the difference between a HomeTown Gym and a boutique gym. And at the end of the weekend, you can decide whether to pursue a HomeTown Gym, wait, or not do it at all. No hard selling.
And we kept the things we did like:
- No experience needed: It's a complete "business-in-a-box" that could be owned and operated by anyone no matter how little business and fitness experience they had.
- Expert Help: You'll receive expert training to get your gym up and profitable as quickly as possible, as well as ongoing support and training to make sure you stay profitable.
- Freedom: The owner can work as little as 3 hours per week or as much as 45 hours per week. It can easily be ran while keeping a full-time job. In fact, it was specifically designed to be an automated, income-generating machine so that I personally could still work full-time at the pharmacy if I wanted to.
However, there are a few disadvantages, compared to a franchise:
- Limited Ownership: We limit ownership to no more than 2 HomeTown Gyms. Although franchises love selling to multi-unit owners, we don't. We want you, the owner, to be a part of the gym, even if it's only 3 hours per week. We want you to be a pillar of the community and truly make a difference. You simply cannot do that if you rarely step inside your gym.
- Small Markets: We like small. Our "blue ocean" is the small towns none of the big guys want. That's where we found our home, and know you'll succeed. It also minimizes the risk. As mentioned many times, this model was designed as a minimal risk/moderate reward investment. It was created to supplement my pharmacy income, not put it at risk. Small markets are cheap, yet provide a steady profit.
- No Big Payday: Our model was designed to accomplish three things: 1) Provide a steady profit. 2) Have minimal risk. 3) Be ran as efficiently as possible so it wouldn't interfere with a full-time job. To accomplish all three of those goals, we had to stay in the small markets. Thus, there's a limit to how much you'll make. Our model will allow you to make a comfortable living, possibly increasing your salary from your full-time job by over 50%, doing something you love while giving you the freedom to do what you want. It's about balance. To us, that's much more important than working 80 hours per week attempting to build a $10 million company you can turnaround and sell in 10 years. Plus, who really wants to retire when they are doing something they love every single day?
So if you're interested in opening a HomeTown Gym and you love the idea of:
- Just a flat $9997 startup fee.
- Just one single monthly fee of $350
- Minimal restrictions so you can make the gym your own.
- A short 5 year initial commitment.
- An out clause that allows you cancel the contract if you go out of business before the contract ends without incurring any fees or continued payments.
- Getting everything you need to open and operate a successful 24 hour gym.
- Getting access to continued support from our friendly team at Ageless for all of your questions, concerns, and ideas.
Or, contact us directly at BeTheChange@ageless-fitness.com to start your journey. We only have 10 spots open for 2018.